Site has no Next button

Hi Team!

First of all, I love your extension! But I need some help. I am trying to setup the next page navigation for my recipe, but I the site I’m trying to scrape does not have a Next Button. What should I do?

The page I’m trying to scrape is Search Results for * at MacSales.com

Please provide advice on what I should try next.

Hi @emily!

Thanks for reaching out! And great to hear you’re enjoying the tool :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help. I took a look at the site and it looks you’re right, there is no next page button. Not a problem though, we can use the active/current page indicator as a way to paginate. Try the following selector:

.active + li a

Manually copy and paste that into your advanced next page selector input box and then you should be good to go! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Zach!

What about sites that have a Next button and Skip to Last button?

Thank you!

Hi John,

When a site has two Nav buttons or the Easy Nav finder is just not working, you can use an advanced selector that works on most sites. Try the following:

a:contains(›)

the “a” represents the element and the “:contains” tells Data Miner to look for specific text on the page. In this case, the single arrow. However, this works for any text. So you can even try this on sites that use the word Next. For example, a:contains(Next)

Manually copy and paste the first selector into your Advanced Next Page Selector input box and then you should be good to go!

1 Like