Chrome permissions issue

Hi, novice here ^^

I have scraped a website for a URL list, which I’d like Data Miner to crawl. Scraping was a success, but I seem to fail miserably at the crawling part. While I know it is a paid feature, I can’t even run a test since I keep getting an error of “To continue you need at least 1 valid URL and Chrome site permissions for the URLs”. While the check says my URLs are valid, and I press “allow” on Chrome’s permissions pop-up when it shows up, Data Miner won’t allow me to continue on to the next step. I’ve updated my permissions, quit Chrome, tried again and nothing. What am I doing wrong? It seems like I can’t allow blanket access to all websites either. :cry:

Hi yanaya,

Thanks for reaching out! And sorry to hear you’re having issues with Data Miner. I’d be happy to help.

Are you using an extension like Adblocker or a VPN that can affect internet connections? This issue can happen when your computer isn’t able to connect to our servers properly. Try disabling your other extensions and then try Data Miner again. If it works, then you can gradually add extensions back in. You can do this by right-clicking on Data Miner and selecting “Manage extensions”.

If the above doesn’t resolve the issue, it’s possible something odd happened during a recent update. I’d recommend uninstalling Data Miner and then reinstalling it. You can do this by right clicking on Data Miner and selecting “Remove from Chrome” and then you can download it again from the link below.

Hi there,

I am having the exact same issue, it won’t let me continue. I installed the extension just now, and disabled all other extensions. I also tried it while opening Chrome in admin mode, but no luck.

Hi Lamarcrombach,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you’re having issues with a Crawl. If you’ve tried the above recommendations and are still having issues I’d recommend checking out our free Office Hours. We are offering them Monday through Thursday, Noon to 2, Pacific time. It’s an open learning session where you can ask questions and share screens to get detailed solutions. We will be able to better help since we can screen share and look at the issue on your screen. You can join from here: How to start Scraping Data | Data Miner